Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fantastic Mr. Fox


This weekend I found myself in the wonderful world of New York City. Craig and I went on an adventure around the city and ended up at the theater. We were planning on seeing Men Who Stare At Goats but we found out that Fantastic Mr. Fox opened that night. Without hesitation we got tickets and were so excited to watch this film so early.

All I can say is...this movie was...FANTASTIC. I was laughing throughout the entire film. The animation was brilliant. It was a true Wes Anderson film. I fell in love with the characters because I felt their laughter, their excitement, their sorrows, and their adventures. I wanted to watch it again after it was over.

The facial expressions were amazing, the soundtrack was beautiful, and the voice actors did a fantastic job (George Clooney, "the great" Meryl Streep, Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, Wally Wolodarsky, Michael Gambon, Eric Anderson, and Willem Dafoe).

It opens up Thanksgiving. This film deserves to be watched. It also deserves to be nominated for an Academy Award. I have a feeling that this years race for Best Animated Film is going to be amazing (Up, Christmas Carol, Coraline,...so many more).

I wish I had time to write a longer review but it is 3:28am and I need to sleep. I will re-post this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment