Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Righteous Kill


I finally got to watch Righteous Kill. A ground-breaking movie that basically caught the attention of De Niro and Pacino fans because, well, it contains both of them. Yes for a rare moment, both actors starred in the same movie. We had this before if you recall The Godfather Part II, where De Niro plays the younger Vito Corleone, but he never appears in the same scenes as Pacino (who plays the adult role of Michael Corleone in the "present" of the film.) In Heat, a crime thriller, they're both the stars, but are rarely acting in the same scene again.

Now in Righteous Kill, they're together throughout most of the film. I got to say guys, this movie was NOT as good as it should have been. I don't know if it was poor writing, sketchy plot, or just acted in a poor manner, but the movie did not deliver for me.

Al Pacino, the whole time I watched him, I felt like he just didn't care. I felt like he wasn't acting, and he was kinda on a coffee break when motioning through his lines. There wasn't the passion we saw him display in the Godfather, and he didn't even overact as he did in Scarface. In this movie, he just simply, shrugged and said, well we're going to get our money back on this movie for being in it.

De Niro is average, but I don't think the script allowed him to be more than that. De Niro didn't portray someone new to me.

The plot...ehh..it tried to be playful and tricky, but it kinda left a lot of open questions. It wasn't genuine. This movie might have worked much better 20 years ago. It's just too much for it's own good. De Niro and Pacino are old...give them something to portray in that perspective.

1 comment:

  1. ah man David I agree- this movie is crap, Pacino is....well... i don't know, but after seeing 88 minutes, then this...enough said

    ReplyDelete